My brief hiatus since my last post was not intentional. This past week has been a long and difficult one. A dream I have had and wanted desperately for years was in reach, and unfortunately fell through. Not going to lie, I was absolutely devastated. A lot of hours of tears later, I’m back to doing what I love.
On that list is warm spring evenings, quiet times with my husband, and banana cream pie.
Thick, creamy, refreshing, sweet, with a balance of the salty and deliciously simple graham cracker crust. A win on all fronts.
Since my husband and I had a bit of a romantic dinner, I wanted to end with an extra treat. Something easy to keep the set up, prep, and clean up of dinner minimal. I wasn’t interested in adding more work, especially on the first beautifully warm day of the year! This guys isn’t meant to be fancy or necessarily healthy, but simple and quick and completely delicious. I made it into two individual portions, perfect for the two of us.
Enjoying these on our patio set for the first time this season. Heavenly treat for a heavenly evening.
Individual Banana Cream Pie
Yield: Two individual servings, plus extra pudding Made by: Mint Tea & Honey
- 2 cups milk
- 2 packages of vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 banana
- 10 graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl pour in milk and add in the pudding mixes. Whisk until combined.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of whipped cream.
- Pulverize graham crackers and butter together*
- In the individual vessel of your choosing, spoon in half the amount of graham crackers into it.
- Cut up half a banana and place over graham crackers, then spoon pudding mixture over
- Spoon a dollop of whipped cream on top. Repeat for the other serving.
* I used my Nutri-Bullet to crush and combined the graham crackers. Feel free to use graham cracker crumbs and melted butter if you desire.
I hope you get to enjoy a nice evening with your honey sometime soon.